Saturday, May 10, 2008

BACKYARD REPORT

Got a couple of things to show from the ole' BY





First, I spied a nest in one of our large trees the other day, so I thought I would drop these off to you! Turns out to be a robin's nest - there's another one over in the yard next door in a smaller tree,

so I'll have to get permission from the neighbor to go over there and get a few shots, especially when the eggs hatch!




Also, I had a visitation from a "mystery bird" of my own! He/she showed up on one of the feeder blocks, so I quickly grabbed my camera and got off a few shots. Unfortunately, I had to shoot through a window screen, so there is a considerable softening of the image.


Still got 'em, tho'! I went immediately to the bird atlases, and ID'ed it as a lark sparrow. It is rare to these parts, even though it used to breed heavily in New York, and Maryland.

It is prevalent further West, so Mothernature might be able to help me out on this one! It didn't stick around long, and I never heard its song - probably just passin' thru ~
.
DaveKay
.
Hope Mothernature can help ya out there DaveKay. Hope that just maybe these are stickin around for you. If they used to be in the area maybe they will.
.
So take a peek out your window and see WHAT'S IN YOUR BACKYARD ??

No comments: