Saturday, November 25, 2006

DAVEKAY EXPLAINS HIS PHOTO

I could tell you what he said but he explains it pretty well himself ~

It was taken at midnight. It was a night that featured a full moon, and the night was exceptionally clear.
The moon was so bright, you could actually read a newspaper by the light! I put my camera on a tripod, loaded it with high-speed black and white film, set the camera for time exposure and started shooting.

For the camera buffs, I bracketed my exposures from 30 secs. to 2 min. To maintain depth of focus, my f-stop was f5.6. It turns out, 90 sec. was the best time. I didn't push-process the film. I made an ordinary exposure on regular paper; I used Dektol developer That's about it! I took more pics that night -- I'll drop those in sometime later.

So, how'd ya do? Like I told Dave, I thought it was taken at night simply because when he sent it, it was titled "lownoon" I know, unfair advantage. One of my perks! Every job has at least one, if you look really hard! LOL As to how he took it, no clue here.

So take a peek out your window and see WHAT'S IN YOUR BACKYARD ??

No comments: