Tuesday, April 24, 2007

SOME MORE BIRDS

My feeder has attracted yet another species... I'm up to a whopping four... count them, four... sigh.... ROFL... not to worry, I am happy with those four species... they are a real treat. Unfortunately, my newest visitors, who are very skittish and elusive, are a pair of ... don't laugh... I didn't make up the name... Great Tits. They flee at even the hint of a motion from inside the house... so taking their picture is difficult, to say the least. To date, this is the best I've been able to manage and it is not very good. I WILL keep trying, though.
The little robins, on the other hand, could not care less about what's going on in the house. Just yesterday I was standing at the window checking to see if I needed to refill the mealworm feeder when the robin landed on the window box, no more than a foot from me. I do think it was a bit startled; it stood there looking up at me, or in at me, while I literally held my breath. After a moment or two it decided that I was ok... had a peck around and then flew off.





The life of an urban bird is full of so many choices... sigh... this little robin has had a dig around in the window box for escaped mealworms and now is looking up at the window feeder... 'Should I go up there, or not?... Maybe I should stay here and have some suet cake... oh dear... decisions, decisions !'
Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoy taking them... I envy Davekay the vast variety of birds he has coming to his feeders...

Cheers, Finny
.
.
Don't know if I can speak for anyone else, but I enjoy them. While you may not have the vast variety (yet) you have birds those of us in the States don't get to see here. And I think DaveKay has the magic touch when it comes to attracting birds because I surely don't get that many kinds around my house!
.
So take a peek out your window and see WHAT'S IN YOUR BACKYARD ??

No comments: