Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A COUPLE MORE BIRDS

A couple of more birds, a Collared Dove, seen up in Lincolnshire at my Mum-in-Law's. He/she looked funny in this photo, strutting its stuff like a drum major.

And today a first at my poor window box, which looks a mess with last year's crop of parsley drooping out of it. I haven't removed it as the birds seem to like the bit of 'green cover' that it provides. I'm debating whether to try planting anything new this year as the bird seed is sprouting up... I've now got grass in my window box... hmmmm... Oh yes, the 'first' that I mentioned... I've finally attracted a Robin. Of course I was playing with the camera settings and didn't get the best possible exposure, but thought I would share it anyway, they are such cute, cheeky little birds.



This one isn't really in my back yard, but it is a photo I am very chuffed to have taken. Was strolling in the college fields (so it is sort of my backyard, lol, by a stretch of the imagination), near the cricket pitch, and spotted this Grey Heron. The pond, which is almost as old as the college, (I've seen it on old maps dating back quite a few centuries) is about three feet below ground level; so, I had to sneak up on the heron, keeping a tree between myself and the bird until I was close enough. Holding the camera above my head and around the side of the tree I snapped off a few shots. Was pleased with the results. Just wish I was taller so that I could have avoided the foreground blurring of the near side of the pond bank.
.
Images courtesy of Finny
.
.
I wish my photos looked like this when they didn't turn out! LOL Finny, you take better bad photos then I've ever taken good. Your robins are a bit different then what we're used to here in the States. I've never seen ones like that. Very pretty little things. And the Heron is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
.
So take a peek out your window and see WHAT'S IN YOUR BACKYARD ??

No comments: