Monday, November 06, 2006

WHAT A BACKYARD THIS IS!!!

I'm going to let Finny do today's post. You'll see why ~

I don't know if you want to put these in "Your Backyard" or "Little Bit of Nature"... We walked up to the Great Park in Windsor today... so... it is the Queen's backyard... really it is... it adjoins Windsor Castle... and we did a little deer stalking. There is a resident herd of Red Deer (it use to be thought that the American Elk or Wapiti was a subspecies but dna now shows they are the same species) in the park and as it is just after rutting season I really wanted to try for some photos of the stags with their antlers. Oh how I wish I had a better camera rather than my battered little Minolta. I got to within about 250 feet of them by moving from tree to tree. It was a real thrill... especially as there was a stag off in the distance "roaring", an amazing sound. So, anyway, I will leave it to you as to where you post these.. lol.





























I don't know about anyone else but I'm thinking the camera was just fine. These shots are great. I think it would be neat to be able to go visiting there and even better if it was my backyard this herd called home. But alas, I'm not the Queen and I doubt if I'll even get to England, so I'll just have to be content with the pictures. Thanks so much Finny for these. I'm sure glad you sent them!

You too can send pictures of all creatures great and small to be posted here. Just send them to yarders@msnetwork.ws and I'll take care of the rest!

So take a peek out your window and see WHAT'S IN YOUR BACKYARD ??

No comments: